Monday, September 6, 2010

Raining on Labor Day...

Hi All-
It's 3 o'clock and I am sitting in my studio, eatting sunflower seeds and listening to Taylor Swift. My laundry machine is working away...I realized yesterday (after my two loads of laundry) that I had "washed" the clothes with fabric softener! That's no good...so I ran to walgreens and now I am re-washing my clothes with DETERGENT!
The first couple days of school were different than I had imagined. I have wanted to teach since...forever and I had a certain expectation of the first day of school. I imagined circle time, extra-long recesses, get-to know you activites and art AND of course, I expected children. haha. At the moment, I have no students. That put a cramp in my first day of school expectations. The students need to be assessed before they qualify for my program, which means that I need to wait until assessments are completed. So the first couple of days I wandered the school and helped out in our kindergarten/first grade Autism center. I also played hop-scotch with first graders and introduced myself to students during recess time...one of the students said "Whose mom are YOU?" It was fine, just different than I expected. I am looking forward to having some students...that's for sure!
On Friday Ande and I tried out a Zumba class. That was a kick. I loved our instructor...a little voluptuous woman in heels who taught us how to do "hot hips." Later that night we ventured out to downtown Kirkland and ended up listening to a live band! That was a lot of fun. Sunday was another fun day! Ande and I went back to Overlake church and again, I was happy to be there. After the service, they were having full-immersion baptisms in the gym. So we headed to the gym, ate hotdogs and chips, sat on the gym floor, and watched people commit themselves to Jesus. Ande and I thought the whole eatting hot dogs and chips, while watching such a serious act, was different...but, hey, why not? After church we headed to Tum Water to see Analisa! It was SOOOO nice to see her, I have missed her!!!! I was happy to see where she grew up and see the cozy place she calls home : )
Okay, it is time to get going. I am trying out a little yoga place today! Missing my family and friends a lot today...hope you're well...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Claire. I love your posts. They are nothing but you--washing with softener and "why not?" about hot dogs. Love you.

    ReplyDelete