Monday, September 20, 2010

The Wild Flower Girl Who Reminds Me Of Sunshine

There is a little girl at my school who always enthusiastically says (or yells across the parking lot or halls) "HI MISS HILLIS" and waves her hands cheerfully. Until a couple of days ago, I had never met this little one. When I met her I asked her what her name was and she told me she had three names. I am still confused on what I should call her. Maybe she is too? haha. Today she told me she had to leave school early because...well, I couldn't really figure out why. Apparently, she got scratched by a wild cat, had to go to the dentist, and her poor dog has "worms in his belly and poops them out his butt and now the worms live in the couch." She is a colorful little girl, whose shining eyes and big smile make me happy!

Here are a couple more things to smile about:

-Danika made a really fun video of the Corner House girls. She did a great job and it just reminds of all the wonderful life long friends I met in college. Thanks Dani. (copy and paste the link to view the video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIQnTwp7mPY

-Tiffany's wedding is in four days and I get to go home for a few days. I am excited to see my family and celebrate Tiff's big day! Now I have to make substitute plans and talk to my kids about appropriate behavior.

-I went and visited my good friend Amy in her new home. She is doing well and is just a positive person to be around. I used the ferry to get to her and it was a gorgeous trip! Then, I drove back through Tacoma and hung out with Kayli. Which was also wonderful!

Here are some pictures from my weekend:




4 comments:

  1. The little girl sounds like you :) Glad you got to see friends too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laugh out loud hahahaha. Have a great time in Cali. I can't wait to talk to you. It sounds like things are looking up.

    ReplyDelete