Saturday, October 2, 2010

Thankful

Last weekend I flew home for Tiff's wedding! It was a beautiful ceremony on the beach, under a gazebo, with candles, at sunset, with 75 degree weather. Can you say PERFECT? The reception was equally beautiful. I can't believe that Tiffany, my friend since FOREVER, is Tiffany Adams now. Here are some picture of the bride and also my parents and me. Hi mom and dad...love you!








This week at work was a good one. I am starting to get the hang of things, although there are things that I am still confused about. There are so many logistics of IEPs...and the hardest thing about my job is scheduling and curriculum. The kids are the BEST part. DUH. My little flower child still continually brightens my day by coming to say HELLO MISS HILLIS. She reminds me of the importance of greeting people with a hello, their name and a joyous smile. I also learned this week that she is in second grade, likes to chase the boys during recess BUT, only the ones that she "LOOOOOVVVEEESS." She's a smart girl, I tell you. This week at work, I found out that I am also going to be teaching 21 third graders in writing for an hour everyday. My role is to teach them about STYLE. I am going to have a lot of fun with this topic! I start Monday in the portable!

I am also meeting more people over on the westside. My co-workers, Libby and Sydney, invited me over to their apartment on Tuesday. They made me dinner and we watched GLEE. Then on Friday, my other co-workers, Melissa, Becky, and I went and got coffee at starbucks before our meeting at 8 am. I tell you, these teacher-people are early risers. THEN, last night, I met up with my new friend Elizabeth. We met at a church event a couple of weeks ago and turns out that she went to Whitworth! She graduated in 08. It was refreshing to meet someone from Whitworth. Anyway we met up in Seatte and had these amazing hamburgers and chatted non-stop for three hours. She reminded me of my corner house girls...she is kind-hearted, service-oriented, fun to be with, and also BEAUTIFUL. I hate to brag, but I believe that I am an excellent friend picker!

Well's it's 1:30 and I am still in my PJs and all I have done today is watch friends, eat subway, and make my bed. I figure that's an appropriate level of productivity on a Saturday morning.

Love you all. Hugs your way!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Definitely a productive Sat morning. I love your blog Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you are meeting people :) You are also a wonderful person to pick as a friend! FRIENDS and subway sounds like Ebay and I! right now we are watching the episode where rachel has her baby shower. Wedding pics are great! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey I miss you. I'm glad things are looking up on the Westside!

    ReplyDelete