Hi lovely people...
Hope you are doing well and enjoying the Fall wherever you may be. Pumpkin bread and coffee??? YES PLEASE!
My parents flew up this weekend and we had a blast! Friday night we hung out at my place...we baked papa murphy's pizza and watched Father of the Bride two. Saturday we met up with my Dad's old buddy in Seattle and enjoyed lunch at Ivars. We later drove around Seattle and then parents bought me a vacuum (haven't vacuumed my place at all and I've been here over two months). HA! Sunday we went to church and brunch with Ande and her sister, Carrie, who ended up being in town too! Lastly, my parents came to my school and checked out my room, building, and met some staff. Now they are flying home to CA. I will miss them, thanks for coming Mom and Dad! See you in November for Thanksgiving!
Work is going well. We had parent/teacher conferences today and a couple days last week. I was nervous. But, the interactions were positive. This week, I am starting up a second grade intervention reading group. This means, that my schedule is finally booked...only took me about 2 months to figure out a schedule! haha. Oh well. Maybe better luck next year?
Today, I got an article from my mentor teacher about first year teachers. Apparently there was a study done on first year teachers and they placed the experiences into 4 stages. The first stage is a stage of optimism/anticipation. The second is "disillusionment"...this time is supposed to last between october-december. Supposedly this is the stage where you doubt your choice in teaching and a lot of teachers get sick from over-doing it. It's probably the hardest time in your teaching year. BUT, after Christmastime things look up and you are rejuvenated...then comes stage 3: Reflection and then a full circle back to stage 4: Anticipation. Hang in there you teachers! Don't be too hard on yourself : )
Halloween is coming up and it's a big deal at my school. We have a 30 minute sing-along where the whole school comes together to sing pre-rehearsed songs. Since I love the Fall trees, I was thinking of being an autumn tree. I would wear brown pants and wrap vines of colorful leaves around the top of my body and hair. But, I am not sure if the kids would get it. I might just look like a crazy leaf lady. I figure a cowgirl is probably most recognizable to my littles.
Well it's time for shower time and lately I have been reading multiple books before I fall asleep.
Muah! Muah! Muah!
crazy leaf lady! love that
ReplyDeleteDo you see yourself in stage 2?? I'm so glad you are a cow girl. You are going to rock my cow boy boots :)
ReplyDelete