My classroom is all set up and the kiddos are coming on Wednesday...this is so soon. But, I won't have any groups yet, because the kiddos need to be tested first before any will be assigned to me. So the first couple of days I will be assisting the resource room teacher as well as in the Autism center for kiddos in kindergarten and first grade. I am really looking forward to that. This week, I spent some quality time with my new staff. I feel like I fit in! I have made a couple of friends and I can really see our friendships developing! One of whom, is the music teacher, Melissa...we were thinking of putting on a musicial and I could be the choregrapher. How fun!
On Friday night, I went to downtown Seattle to celebrate Kayli's birthday! There were SO many young people in the downtown area...wow! That's the happening place. Then, last night Ande came over and spent the night at my place. I am soo blessed to have her close to me and we decided that we are still roomates and need to have slumber parties often! In the morning we walked across the street and got our coffee at Starbucks and met up with Patti at a new church. I loved the church and felt very moved by the sermon. I felt a sense of peace there that I have been looking for! After church, Ande and I went and split a pad thai at a nearby Thai resturant...yum!
I want to give a special congrats to Ebay...or shall I say Miss Baylis, a third grade teacher. Ebay, you have always had a heart for those kids and that school and YOU are just what those kiddos need! Oh fun fact of the day, my first practicum was at Longfellow and was in kindergarten...so you will probably have some of my kids in your third grade class! Fun, huh?
Another fact of the day: Do not use multipurpose cleaner on mirrors...the multi-purpose nature does NOT mean you can use it as windex. haha.
Well I think I am going to see if I can skype my parents now and then I am going to start reading A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers...Joanna and Emily really liked the book and I think I will too.
Love you!
thank you clairey. it has been such a whirlwind and i am so glad we are in the teacher boat together. you have been so supportive and i am so proud of you!
ReplyDelete