Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Whew!

Hi all...
It has been a crazy week. But, all is well! I have just about everything unpacked in my adorable little studio apartment...the walk-in closet and storage places are so nice! Like I said earlier, my dad flew up to help me move and unpack, as well as buy some apartment essentials! I would have been very overwhelmed without the extra support! Thank you Dad!

This past week I have had training and I am SO impressed by my district. They offer an incredible amount of support for new teachers, like myself. I really think that I will be happy here with this district. A couple of days ago, I visited my elementary school, met the principal, and a few staff. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly...and the school is cute! I can picture myself there. I found out more about my position as a "safety net" and special education teacher. My focus will be in reading and I will be working primarily with kindergarten up through 3rd grade students. But, depending on student need, I might be teaching math and some other grades. I am looking foward to decorating my own classroom (yes, I have a tiny little place to call my own!) and meeting more staff (which I have heard a lot of nice things about already). So far, my experience as a teacher has been a positve one!

I have had some visitors already! Thanks Ande and Lindsay and Ashley. We all ate amazing Thai food. Thai is my new thang! haha.

Okay folks, time to sleep...

2 comments:

  1. Claire! I am so happy to hear that training is going well and that things are coming together at the school :) I can't wait to see your apartment too! You should post some pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we see pics of your classroom?

    ReplyDelete