Sunday, March 13, 2011

A busy week in Seattle

Hello everyone,

I just finished up a Thai food dish in my apartment and finished my planning for my new kindergarten remedial reading group. It's dreadfully gloomy outside and rainy...although I do admit there was a small amount of sunshine yesterday. Let me tell you, I siezed the opportunity joyfully! I walked across the street, bought a soy misto, and walked around my cute little apartment area. I had the biggest goofiest smile on my face...all because the sunshine felt so wonderful. We are deprived of sun over here for MONTHS. When the sun does come out, you appreciate it so much!

Last week was a busy one. Like I said, I started up a brand new small group for my kindergarteners. They are so little and they are so honest/funny. One of the boys in my group wanted to know who was American (what a funny question). Then the kids proceeded to say "what's an american?" and "I don't know what I am!" It's okay to be a little clueless in kindergarten, hey, we were all there at some point right? I also had my second principal observation (it went well) and my first student that I tested for special education qualification! Big things for me!

On Friday, I got to see a play in downtown Seattle in a beautiful old theatre called 5th avenue. Ande had called me up earler that day and told me there was an extra ticket and I jumped on it! The play turned out to be quite depressing, it was about mental illness. But, it was well done and I always appreciate adventures in downtown Seattle. Last night, Saturday, I went out with a friend from work (Melissa) to celebrate her friend's birthday. There were a ton of people there and we danced, chatted, met new people, and I drank sprite. haha. It got a little bit more interesting when a bar fight broke out and some guy kept on calling me Princess Blair (can't you just see me rolling my eyes?).

Today, I tried out a new church. I love my church, but decided to try something new out today. Turned out, I chose a great place to go, because it talked about dating. Which is perfect for me! I didn't necessarily learn anything new, but felt affirmed in my current beliefs on dating. Remember ladies, singleness isn't for waiting, but for growing!

Okay, well, off I go. I have avoided folding laundry for a couple days and now is the time.

Love you!

3 comments:

  1. Love that Claire! You are so joyful. And I love that you get to be with kindergarteners. Welcome to my world, aren't they they best ever? You are amazing and I love you lotsies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just see you walking around with a huge grin on. You sound happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been avoiding laundry too :) Interested to hear about the new church...i love that you felt affirmed! miss you!

    ReplyDelete