Hi Everybody,
Sorry about the major slacking in blog world. It's not like there hasn't been a lot to write about these days! Big things are happening on the westside! I can't believe that I only have ONE more month until I am finished with my first year of teaching. I can't believe how fast this year has flown and I feel incredibly blessed by all the people who have supported me and for my amazing students. I am not sure what the next step is for me and it's interesting to think that I am in a similar position as I was last year at this time. But, this year I feel much more peaceful about where I will end up. The lastest little wild flower is off to Colorado...Ande Sue, I will miss you so much when you leave! But, I am excited for what the future holds!
Today, I met a little boy who had many different handicaps. He had autism, was partially deaf, had cerebral palsy, and low cognitive/language skills. When I was observing him, I was thinking "How did a child get so many set-backs? How is it that he has four, isn't just one of the disabilities enough?" But, then I am reminded that God created each and everyone one of us for His purpose and each person is a gift. The more and more I work with children who are impacted with disabilities, the more I see the hand of God in their lives and well as mine. For some of my kids who have learning disabilities, I can see that it will probably "make or break them." They will have to work 10x harder to keep up with the average student, and some may have to use coping skills to even just stay in the "ballpark." But, isn't it the heart that we put into our work and the drive that counts the most? I think so. I admire my kids for their hearts and their drive toward their learning. They inspire me!
Well I just ate a quesadilla and it's time for some sleep.
Love to each of you tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment