Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ande, Lindsay, and Seattle...OH MY!

I have had such a fun adventure the last couple days. I woke up early on Sunday morning and headed to Seattle! I felt so "grown-up" as I packed up my stuff and drove over. I got to Ande's place around 1 and she showed me around her new home and also showed me around her new city. It is one of the cutest little places I have ever seen...it reminded me of a "beachy San Luis" town. We walked around and looked at little shops (like used book stores), sat on the sand and chatted, and then had a corona with lime and split a coconut cupcake at a little outside resturant. Then we headed back to Ande's place and Lindsay drove over...we made chicken tacos together. It was so fun to hear about Lindsay's disasterous (yet comical) day! I have missed her and it was good to be with her!!!! I love her laugh, oh how I have missed that!

The next day, Ande had to go to work early and I took off to look at apartments. My little GPS came in handy! All I needed to do was type in the apartment's address and follow Sabrina's directions (I named my GPS Sabrina, typical). I fell in love with one, in particular. It was hip and cute...and located right next to a market and fun shops. I can imagine myself happy there. My interview went well too. The people I interviewed with were very positive and encouraging. They made me feel like they respected and valued what I said. Plus, the school district has a lot of support for new teachers...wooo hooo! I drove back after my interview and was able to catch the last little bit of the Bachelorette with Analisa and Em : )

I want to thank everyone for all of your support as I go through this whole interview process. I appreciate all of your encouraging words and interest. Love you all!

Here are some pictures!!!!! Ande and I were kicking ourselves for not getting some with Lindsay!






No comments:

Post a Comment