Wednesday, July 28, 2010

An interesting change of events

Hi Family and Friends,
Life is good over here! I am currently babysitting, but my little guy is sleeping and I figured I would use the opportunity to do a little blogging! By the way, thank you to all my friends for keeping up with your blogs...I love being able to hop on my laptop and see pictures and catch up on the latest : ) Oh, technology!

Currently, I am still working away on this whole job search. Unfortunately, I did not get the special education position over by Seattle (the one that I was very excited about!!). According to MY plan, (that I so carefully created a couple of months ago), at this point in time I would have had a teaching job, have found a new place, been in the process of moving, and have bought tickets to fly home to see my family. Instead, I am still at the Corner House...and well that's about it. Although it is slightly unnerving to not have a job beyond these next couple of weeks, I am well. I think that God has some specific place and job for me, I just haven't found it yet. I am excited and curious to figure out what's going to happen! I will keep you updated : )

My most current book, that my nose has been buried in, is an autobiography by one of my favorite authors, Isabel Allende. It's called "The Sum of Our Days." She writes her books in Spanish and then they are translated to English...I love the way she writes, so colorful, unique, and interesting. Anyway, Isabel (like how we are on a first name basis?) lives in a way that is brave and fierce! She has lived an exciting life because she has loved people and taken some leaps of faith! She asks questions, seeks answers, follows her heart and listens/watches the world around her carefully. She is interested in people and relationships...and keeps an open-mind to people who are different than her. As I read about her life, I feel inspired!

Okay my friends, enough of this! Today is going to be a good day. I am going to take the kids to the park, go to the Wednesday night church service, and watch So You Think You Can Dance with some besties!

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment